Apparent security issue

I usually use desktop Ebay but have now installed the App on my tablet. On my desktop when closing the webpage I automatically delete everything related to browsing history etc and when I go back into the website I have to enter both my username and password as it should be.

Although after closing the App on my tablet I delete everything in personal browsing including auto fill history etc the next time I go to the App my Ebay user name is automatically shown. I am not the only person to use the tablet. What concerns me is that tonight whilst trying to delete my username I accidentally held down a key which then invited me to request a temporary password to sign in without using my real password.

Surely anybody then then use my account without permission. How do I get rid off my username bring stored in the App. Its not exactly difficult to type it in each time I wish to log on.

Regards to all.

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

Apparent security issue

Just a thought, Can you disable autofill ? 

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Apparent security issue

Generally it is disabled but makes no difference. Out of interest I visited a friend tonight and his laptop and tablet both produce the same result with the Ebay App. He cannot delete his username and holding a key down creates a temporary password. Far from secure. 

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

Apparent security issue

I am clueless with the app - I have read that this is a common problem on some technical forums and they offer solutions but they are way over my head and I struggled to understand what they were suggesting - sorry no help 

Hopefully you will find the answer somewhere - good luck

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

Apparent security issue

Another thought for what it is worth, when holding the key down and being offered a temporary password does that not go to another level of security  ie verification by phone or personal questions before it is given - if so would that not give you enough security should someone access your device ?

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

Apparent security issue

The only way I know to stop the eBay app auto filling my user name on my android tablet is to clear all storage on the app via tablet settings. 

I go into the tablet settings to the apps section.

Select the eBay app and it brings up the apps info.

Press storage and cache and then clear the storage.

You need to clear storage every time you've finished with the app or it will store your user name.

Screenshot_2024-04-09-20-41-29-621~2.jpegScreenshot_2024-04-09-20-41-44-760~2.jpeg

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent
Got technical related questions? Start here: