Account hacked - verification details changed

Hi all,

My password, phone number and registered address have been changed on my account by someone else. When i contract the customer support, they tell me I cannot reset or delete my account as I cannot verify myself.

I still have access to email and that has remained unchanged.

What can I do?

Customer service is extremely unhelpful.

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

See if this helps,

https://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/account/securing-account.html

In the meantime change passwords on all your accounts,  most importantly your email account.  Keep a close eye on them for the forseeable future,  for any untoward activity.

Might be an idea to inform your bank and companies of the  main credit cards you hold.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

I can't verify my account so can't use ebay now (joined 2007) some twonk missed first "0" off area code of

my number, it will not correct, so ebay rings code for me to enter, to a wrong number!  Customer services just

say I must have a smart phone mobile number (in a no signal area) not a landline now! Yet their pages state

that a mobile number CAN be changed to a LANDLINE (no it can't).  I will not be buying from ebay in future,

will get stuff direct from dealers websites, just use ebay to browse.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Whether you use eBay again or not,  you do have to deal with that hacked account or you could find yourself 'selling' thousands of pounds worth of items, and liable for the refunds when items are paid for ( not to you) and not sent.

See if this link is any better and giving instructions how to report a hacked account.

Report your hacked account here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/account/protecting-account/securing-account?id=4196&st=2&pos=1&query=Sec....

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent
Got technical related questions? Start here: