seller reselling a returned item

I returned an item to the seller  and he has not refunded me  the purchase price  but has put the item up for auction again is he now sellin stolen goods

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

If you are still within 30 days of the item's last estimated date for delivery open the correct case for the return,  you have not stated the reason for the return,  so I cannot advise which case to open,  and enter the tracking number of the returned item.

Once tracking shows delivery, escalate after 48 hours if the seller hasn't refunded beforehand,  and eBay will step in and force the refund.

Do not close the case early for any reason or promise the seller may give,  and do not forget to escalate.

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

The seller has not stolen the item as you returned it to them.

You have been usisng Ebay for 20 years and have a business account so I assume you understand the returns process.

Did you start your return (open a case) through Ebay?

Did you send the item back using a tracked service?

As long as you opened a case through Ebay and the tracking now shows the seller has the item back, after 48 hours, you can ask Ebay to step in.

If you didn't open a case and use a tracked method to return the item, there is not anything that Ebay can do.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Did you select "ask eBay to step in" from the case options

You have to escalate the case to get a refund

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

@bluethooth2 wrote:

I returned an item to the seller  and he has not refunded me  the purchase price  but has put the item up for auction again is he now sellin stolen goods

How can the item be considered stolen if you returned it to the seller?

The scenario here is that you've returned an item and not received a refund for it (if you've followed eBay's returns process as outlined here then it shouldn't be a problem). 

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

the seller has not refunded the item   As i returned the item myself i cannot pprovide tracking but provided day  annd date stamped photos of the item at the sellers house  where he havd left a note where to put it  as its not been refunded  he has tecnickly stolen iit from me

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

So you returned it outside of eBay's returns process?

If you cannot provide a tracking number showing delivery back to the sellers address then you won't be able to pursue a refund. 

If you delivered the item back yourself then the photo proves nothing because you could have put the item there, taken a photo and then removed the item. This is why it's vital to go through eBay's returns system.

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: