Warning!!! Fraud

A story from yesterday. The buyer bought a washing machine part from me without paying and, beware... he gave me negative feedback. When I wrote to him that I think he made a mistake, he wrote that he wasn't wrong and that he would remove it when he was satisfied with the transaction.  Luckily for me, he reacted quickly and the feedback was deleted. Just my question: how is it possible that a moment after the buyer buys, he doesn't pay and has the opportunity to give feedback??????? Is there any way for sellers to protect themselves against such fraudsters? For all sellers beware from this Fraud!!!!

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Warning!!! Fraud

I am a little confused here, if the buyer buys, then he paid? or was the order cancelled by you for not paying? In which case associated feedback is removed. The feedback would have been removed by ebay not the buyer. In some cases where there is a case or similar or the order it can be that associated feedback is removed, or it was in breach of ebay policy. In any case the feedback would have been removed by ebay not the buyer. However you can leave feedback as soon as you have purchased an item if you chose, like you as the seller could leave feedback before sending an item etc.

Talking of policy, have a read of this, as you may need to upgrade your account to a business one.

Business Seller Policy | Ebay 

My business was a finalist in the ebay business awards 2023.
Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Warning!!! Fraud

@my.yum88 wrote:

A story from yesterday. The buyer bought a washing machine part from me without paying and, beware... he gave me negative feedback. When I wrote to him that I think he made a mistake, he wrote that he wasn't wrong and that he would remove it when he was satisfied with the transaction.  Luckily for me, he reacted quickly and the feedback was deleted. Just my question: how is it possible that a moment after the buyer buys, he doesn't pay and has the opportunity to give feedback??????? Is there any way for sellers to protect themselves against such fraudsters? For all sellers beware from this Fraud!!!!

Feedback can be left the moment the iten is sold.

Many members would regard "Fraud" as not being correctly registerd as a Business Seller.

Never stick your head above the parapet to complain about others before having your own house in order.

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Warning!!! Fraud

If it was a buy it now listing did you tick the box on the listing requiring immediate payment?

If you did the item would stay live until it's actually paid for.

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Warning!!! Fraud

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

Why did you not open a unpaid dispute?

In any event your buyer's have the right to cancel a transaction, for any reason, because you are a business seller.

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: