Removal of negative feedback

Hi, 24 years i've been with ebay hundreds of deals. Some guy buys an expensive item from me but then try's to get me to send to another address as 'he's moved house' and then another try to send 'to brother for his birthday'. These are violations if ever i see it but i'm a nice person i just advised him to go buy a phone locally and cancelled for him which we both agreed to. The * then leaves me negative feedback and ebay say they won't delete this as it doesn't equal a violation. i give up. How can i make them remove it as i've done nothing wrong here and the buyer didn't suffer either.

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

See :- help and contact at bottom of most pages.

Request a callback just after 8am Mon - Fri and point out that buyer asked for something not offered in listing.

You should only ever send an item to address given at checkout ,send it elsewhere and you lose seller protection completely and buyer can easily claim non receipt and get a refund.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

What reason did you select for cancelling? 

If it was 'problem with buyers address' and you have an eBay message asking you to ship it to a different address to the one on the order (after payment was made), then you may be in with a chance to get eBay to remove it. 

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Hi ry29, thanks for your post.

I'd be happy to send this for review for you, but please note that if the feedback in question doesn't qualify for removal, we might not be able to take further actions, specially if this was reviewed already. If you'd still like me to send this for review, please confirm the item number for me, and I will be happy to do that for you now.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

I brought this very question up at a weekly chat a few weeks ago.

I gave a 'scenario' of a seller being ask to send to another address than that which eBay provided,  seller politely refuses and cancels citing ....  Problem with Buyer's Address.  Same as your example.

I was told, and quite shocked , that yes a negative feedback can be left,  as it shows the buyer was disappointed with the transaction.

Apologies,   but I just Cannot see the Fairness , Justification or any Rights the buyer has here,  in leaving any negative,  when this reason arises, being asked to send to another address , and being told politely it's against eBay rules!

Nope, sorry it has to be wrong all round.

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: