Promotional offer of 80% off fvf May 2024 - not counting the listings correctly

Hello,

I would be really grateful if someone could help with this.

I accepted the 80% off fvf offer, started it yesterday at 11.22am, I listed 27 items, then saw on the seller hub, it said I had used 41 of the 100 listings, then later in the day it said I have used 65 listings.

But I have only made 27 new listings, and no relists done in that time.  So if anyone/ebay looks at my listing there are only 27 done on that day.

So is anyone else having a similar problem and are ebay working on it?

I contacted customer service last night, got a phone call and the agent said they would connect me to the team who work on promotions, but I just stuck on hold, no agent answered.

Also if anyone can pass this on to a tech team or whoever sorts out the problems, that would be great.

thanks for any help

Message 1 of 15
See Most Recent
14 REPLIES 14

The forum team dave@ebay  or marco@ebay  might be able to help.

Message 2 of 15
See Most Recent

The same thing has happened to me. I listed 25 items and then it said that I listed 75.

I've checked the item IDs to see how it thinks I've listed 75 items under the promotion and the same IDs appear 3 times each. I complained to customer services and they said they'd look into it. I very much doubt they'll be able to do anything though.

I'm been on ebay for about 15 years. The platform is great until you have a problem and need to contact customer services. You then get put through to someone in another country who has absolutely no power to do anything.

Message 3 of 15
See Most Recent

I can only add that the same has happened to me - and I don't expect any sort of resolution

Message 4 of 15
See Most Recent

@cairoastrogirl wrote:

Hello,

I accepted the 80% off fvf offer, started it yesterday at 11.22am, I listed 27 items, then saw on the seller hub, it said I had used 41 of the 100 listings, then later in the day it said I have used 65 listings.

But I have only made 27 new listings, and no relists done in that time.  So if anyone/ebay looks at my listing there are only 27 done on that day.

I contacted customer service last night, got a phone call and the agent said they would connect me to the team who work on promotions, but I just stuck on hold, no agent answered.

Also if anyone can pass this on to a tech team or whoever sorts out the problems, that would be great.

thanks for any help

Do you have any BIN's that have automatically relisted during the 80% off promo period? These would automatically be counted within the promo offer.

Truth hurts. Maybe not as much as jumping on a bicycle with a seat missing, but it hurts.

You may think you have pushed ALL my buttons, but you still haven't found the mute!
Message 5 of 15
See Most Recent

I can see on your Private Account today 5th May 2024

January to April still showing  406 (none with the begining of the months dates)

May 2nd       Listed & showing 23

May 3rd        Listed & showing 27   (you mentioned Promotion 80% started)

Total quantity showing           456

Sunday may be the delay in Agents answering.   Try Tuesday yourself after the Bank Holiday.

Message 6 of 15
See Most Recent

That's not it. It's a bug, and there are loads of us with the same issue. When I click on the promotions I have allegedly used (the bit where it says how many you have left), the same item IDs appear 3 to 4 times each.

Message 7 of 15
See Most Recent

The promotion ends Monday night.

Message 8 of 15
See Most Recent

That was a short promotion time span.

If there has been a mistake on eBay's part they will correct it after the Bank Holiday if you are unable to get through to CS before the end of Promotion.

Message 9 of 15
See Most Recent

@bits_n_bobs_heaven wrote:

@cairoastrogirl wrote:

Hello,

thanks for any help

Do you have any BIN's that have automatically relisted during the 80% off promo period? These would automatically be counted within the promo offer.

It's a glitch.  Someone is also complaining to that the discount is being applied wrongly.

I've listed 4 items on one account, it's counting 8.

Message 10 of 15
See Most Recent

I ended 75 listings and relisted 75 - of the 100 70% fee reduced it now shows 68 used 32 remaining. All 75 are there; but it shows 116 value of 117 listed !

I see I'm not alone, which is one way is good but actually isn't there is a bug somewhere and obviosly I do not wish to pay 100% fees if 7 of the items I ended and re-listed now attract full fees and how can we tell?

Message 11 of 15
See Most Recent

Hi all,

Just to confirm, this is an ongoing issue from our end, and our team is currently working to get it fixed. Also, I've reported the accounts being impacted on this thread, so they can be actioned accordingly. 

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 12 of 15
See Most Recent

Not only that but it's taking £80 off fees instead of 80%. Very bad if you are selling expensive items as I found out (and due to having to refund the buyer lost out on the sale).

I chatted to help they said I'd be emailed (3 days ago) but never was, I had to pull this week's listings. I'm just glad I noticed the fees error or I'd have been down £300 instead of around £70.

Message 13 of 15
See Most Recent

I contacted customer services on Friday, they said they'd email me back. It's now Wednesday, when should I expect a response?

Message 14 of 15
See Most Recent

Hi skulkraken, thanks for your reply.

We don't have an estimated fix date/time for this issue, so I wouldn't be able to confirm when exactly you'd be hearing from the agent you were in touch with.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 15 of 15
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: