Appealing a 'Closed without seller resolution'

TL;DR - why are 'Cases closed without seller resolution' not appearing on my seller dashboard so i can appeal them?

A buyer claimed to have not received some items. (postage was combined for numerous items).

The parcel was tracked. I have a photo of it being delivered. I have provided the tracking number.

The buyer didn't try to resolve the issue with me. Just waited a week after making his initial claim and then contacted customer support about it.

Ebay instantly (as in less than 5 minutes) decided to offer the buyer a refund for all the items they claimed not to have received. 

I wish to appeal.

When i go to seller dashboard, 

"Expand Closed without seller resolution to see your options.

Select See cases and find the item in the list.

Select See details and then send us an appeal. Make sure you include all of the new information you'd like us to consider."

It says "We don't have any transactions to show you because you filtered them out.".

I did add the buyer to my blocked list when he made his claim of non-delivery.

Is this what is preventing the transactions from showing in Seller Dashboard?

If all these transactions defects are allowed to stand, it will badly affect my 'Seller Standards'.  There are 7 'cases' because the buyer asked if i combined postage and then purchased 17 'lots' and insisted they be delivered together. 

Do i need to temporarily remove the buyer from my blocked list? Or are the cases not appearing because I have to wait for the next seller evealuation?

Message 1 of 11
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I’ve found that the easiest route to contact eBay Customer Services is via the link below, you can select to talk with them via live chat or request a call back:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent
10 REPLIES 10

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

You can't appeal an item not received case once it has been closed. Why did you lose it though? If you bought a postage label from eBay then tracking would automatiocally have been uploaded, and if you bought your own postage you would presumably have added the tracking number to the dispatch details. Did the tracking show as delivered in your eBay orders?

@nv_266 wrote:

There are 7 'cases' because the buyer asked if i combined postage and then purchased 17 'lots' and insisted they be delivered together. 

What kind of cases were opened here?

Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent

I added the tracking details only when the buyer claimed it hadn't arrived. (I know, dumb). 

I didn't (and can't) buy postage labels from ebay, because my printer in faulty. So I use royal mail.

The ebay guidance does say

"If you don't agree with our resolution when we've stepped in to help resolve an issue, you can appeal by providing new information within 30 calendar days of the case being closed."

I don't know why i lost it.

I searched the tracking number this morning, and it no longer worked. I've tried again now and the number is recognised. Must have been a fault with the system. Maybe ebay input the tracking number, thought I'd made one up, and decided in the buyer's favour.

I'd very much like a human to look at the case in case this is systematic abuse of the system. 

Nothing at all appears in my transaction defect report at the moment, so maybe it won't affect my 'seller standards' and I'll just have lost the money. 

Message 3 of 11
See Most Recent

I’ve found that the easiest route to contact eBay Customer Services is via the link below, you can select to talk with them via live chat or request a call back:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent

"I added the tracking details only when the buyer claimed it hadn't arrived."

Unless things have changed eBay require tracking to be entered before the last estimated delivery date and certainly before a case is opened.

Message 5 of 11
See Most Recent

It has changed @plpmr or perhaps was never really in force?

I don't have tracking as my items are low value,  I  just have that 16 digit number on my proof of postage which is sufficent to show delivery.  I never enter these  on dissspatching items,  as I found with Royal Mail's expert service , sometimes they were delivered late even though I post within 24 hours of payment, and I was receiving late delivery ornage blobs.

However,  2 recent ' I have not received cases ' when I entered them first time into the case details,  they did close the cases in my favour , and I didn't need to refund.

Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent

One can only go on what eBay say and advise on that, even if eBay don't follow their own rules[?].

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee?id=4...

Deciding the outcome when the buyer doesn't receive an item”

Evidence of successful delivery We require all of the following to prove a successful on-time delivery: Tracking number that can be validated on the shipping carrier's website and which was uploaded to eBay before the latest estimated delivery date;” etc.

Message 7 of 11
See Most Recent

@tressygirl wrote:

It has changed @plpmr or perhaps was never really in force?

I don't have tracking as my items are low value,  I  just have that 16 digit number on my proof of postage which is sufficent to show delivery.  I never enter these  on dissspatching items,  as I found with Royal Mail's expert service , sometimes they were delivered late even though I post within 24 hours of payment, and I was receiving late delivery ornage blobs.

However,  2 recent ' I have not received cases ' when I entered them first time into the case details,  they did close the cases in my favour , and I didn't need to refund.

Same for me.

Message 8 of 11
See Most Recent

Yep,  @plpmr   I've read that too,  but truly,  I do not enter ( tracking ),  the 16 digit number) for the reasons I outlined above,  when I mark items as dispatched,  and it has worked when entering it for the first time, into a item not received case which opened later.  The 2 cases closed in my favour.

I think there are a few outdated bits of info in the eBay library,  perhaps some being read out by CS staff when one calls,   so also perhaps,  not always their fault,  when they give out wrong information, reading from out of date scripts.

Message 9 of 11
See Most Recent

Hi nv_266, thanks for your post.

If you confirm the item number for the transaction in question, I can send this for review for you. Please note that this doesn't necessarily mean that we will be able to take actions in your favor, but we can definitely take a further look to see what's happening and how can we help.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 10 of 11
See Most Recent

Thanks for your help, everybody. Once I spoke to a person then it all started to get sorted.

Message 11 of 11
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: