Packlink charge underpaid postage fee £36!

Evening, I'm a new business to eBay and was buying my own postage. Unfortunately an employee who took over for a few days used packlink to purchase a DPD  label. Nothing to see here, the delivery was sent on a next day service which was picked up 2 days later!, eBay have just charged me an addition £36 🤣 states postage label underpaid. Now nothing was under paid, was took it into my usual post office for drop off,  where they weigh and check everything anyway and have the receipt they always give us. The original postage paid was £6.19? In all this postage has cost me £42.19. Like how can they get away with this? How can I fight this!?

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

I had this happen with Packlink on a UPS parcel and it was £40 as they claimed it exceeded their maximum parcel dimensions. I emailed packlink and eventually they refunded me the £40. Check your label there is a packlink number on there that you need to quote. 

I think DPD restrict the parcel sizes to 60x60x60. Could you have gone over this one side?

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Just to add, I'd be reluctant to rely on the Post Office to check your parcel conforms to DPD or Evri limits, they sometimes get it wrong with Royal Mail ones which has always been their bread and butter service. It depends on the staff member at the counter ie how knowledgeable or bothered are they, one near me has new staff all the time and usually kids barely out of college who try to pull mine as wrong often as they don't really know. 

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

DPD is no good for the golf clubs you sell with their 60x60x60 limit.

Evri is probably the courier you need to be using - max length 120cm. Max overall size 245cm.

Sorry I should have done this as 1 message.. just a few afterthoughts which might help you avoid it in future. 

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent
Got Postage related questions? Start here: