Global shipping program not working

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help me.

I use the global shipping programme and have had no problems with it, until now.

I sold an item with free UK postage and the buyer is in Turkey. Usually the postage is all dealt with by eBay, but it's not worked this time.

Is this because of the free UK postage? (then I need to sort it out myself and use Royal Mail)

If not any tips on sorting it out?

Thanks for any help 🙂 

Message 1 of 11
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @bats-in-the-attic ,

Thank you for reaching out.

Turkey is one of the countries that is not eligible for the global shipping programme. Please see the list of eligible countries below

katebay_0-1686577212726.png

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support
Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.

eBay

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent
10 REPLIES 10

Hi @bats-in-the-attic ,

Thank you for reaching out.

Turkey is one of the countries that is not eligible for the global shipping programme. Please see the list of eligible countries below

katebay_0-1686577212726.png

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support
Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.

eBay
Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent

Hello,

Thanks for your help.

I didn't realise I could sell to countries outside the global shipping program. 

Is there a way to block countries not on the program? 

Thanks 

Message 3 of 11
See Most Recent

Hi @bats-in-the-attic ,

If you go to your account settings> postage preferences. The link here.

The 4th option down is " exclude postage locations". Click edit beside that. Once you select your locations tick the box that states also apply to current listings and save at the end.

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent

Great, thanks for your help. 

Message 5 of 11
See Most Recent

UK based item sold to US buyer using global through ebay option but ebay auto created invoice with zero postage cost despite UK postage on listing being £30 (heavy item). Aain being heavy item, seller couldnt even absorb postage cost to ebay hub.

GLOBAL shipping isnt always working. how can this be reported to non-AI at eBAY ?

Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent

Am I alone in noticing that the UK is not on the authorised list of eligable countries in the screenshot above?

Message 7 of 11
See Most Recent

Partly sure its when UK postage and the size & weight are missing from the listing...

but there are no formal answers here from eBay... I guess this will be the norm when AI takes over. 

Message 8 of 11
See Most Recent

That's an unuseful AI response, because it should not need to be known which (variable list of) countries to exclude; the aim was to exclude countries which are not covered by the eBay global shipping program

Message 9 of 11
See Most Recent

Sure but that's because that list relates to countries where dispatch is from the UK.

Message 10 of 11
See Most Recent

There are two major flaws with the GSP I have found.

1: The list of headings / items which are not covered is not complete (it even says this under the list) There are two completely different lists in different places on the eBay website, plus another list of banned products (ie batteries etc), but no complete list of what headings GSP does not cover.

2: When you list an item (with GSP) which is not covered by the service, the app does not inform you of this, so you are not aware that the buyers just get a message saying the item cannot be sent to their country.

It wouldn`t be difficult to solve both of these issues, but this situation has been the same as far back as I can recall.

Some of my items are aircraft parts, I have had to figure out by deduction that the reason they are not allowed is because they are a subset of automobiles, although other subsets of this category are covered, so it`s not clear at all, I just had to guess.

Message 11 of 11
See Most Recent
Got Postage related questions? Start here: