Free Postage & Football Programmes

I've just started looking at football programmes as I'm a collector.

Whilst many other items are free postage, very few football programme sellers offer free postage - seems a little strange, just wondered if there is a reason why???

Is it because the items are generally very cheap? 

Is it to do with the online tax guidelines being brought in? (ie make it easier to separate and justify seller costs)?

thanks in advance of any thoughts on this

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

' Free Postage'  on listings just means the postage cost has been added to the starting price of the item.

So, included and ' Free'  or starting price plus P & P costs,  it ends up the same amount.   Sellers just have different ways of listing their items, some preferring to show the exact cost they are charging for P & P.  

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

@tressygirl wrote:

' Free Postage'  on listings just means the postage cost has been added to the starting price of the item.

So, included and ' Free'  or starting price plus P & P costs,  it ends up the same amount.   Sellers just have different ways of listing their items, some preferring to show the exact cost they are charging for P & P.  

100%

The reason I add the cost to my item and make postage "free" is because then I automatically get 5 stars for "postage cost" feedback metric.  Psychologically people do not like paying separately for postage, they'd rather pay £10 with free postage than £5 per item with £5 postage...even if postage really did cost £5!

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent
Got Postage related questions? Start here: