negative feedback

I was sold a book without the title page (not mentioned by seller), so I sent it back and was refunded through the ebay channels. I subsequently left negative feedback as the seller is still tying to sell the book without mentioning the missing page (they say something about a 'front card page'). The next morning my feedback was gone!  Why is that?

This was the book: 276409038947

Here is the new listing: 285830033538

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

negative feedback

Sellers can apply to get negs removed but ebay are very inconsistent about which ones they leave and which they remove.   Some obviously unfair negs are not removed while they take off fair and factual feedback like yours. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

negative feedback

Sellers can apply to get negs removed but ebay are very inconsistent about which ones they leave and which they remove.   Some obviously unfair negs are not removed while they take off fair and factual feedback like yours. 

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

negative feedback

tobiasd4
Experienced Mentor

Listing does say "front card page cut out ".

So probably why feedback removed as fault was in description. 

You have a refund , so best to move on.

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

negative feedback

Ty for your reply.

You are quoting from the seller's updated listing as they attempt to re-sell the book - the original had no such wording to indicate the book was  ex-library and missing the title page. I'm surprised that ebay chose to remove my feedback as the listing was deceptive in my opinion.

Still, I have a refund, as you say, and the seller had to pay postage both ways for no outcome, so hopefully they have learnt something.

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

negative feedback

It seems to be getting harder for sellers to have feedback removed. EBay dismisses plainly unfair feedback as being "the buyer's opinion, and often seems to turn a blind eye to offensive and probably even libelous personal attacks like "thief," conman," "scammer" or "liar." We saw one user's feedback record this morning, which used terms like this for almost everyone they had traded with, whether as a buyer or a seller. To many of us it's incomprehensible that eBay allows such members to continue trading here, but they do.

They will however remove feedback that contravenes their own rules on what can be said. One is that the feedback must only relate to the actual transaction concerned. You say that your motivation for the feedback was that "the seller is still tying to sell the book." If you appeared to be warning buyers about a different listing, even for the same item, that would account for its removal.

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

negative feedback

I found original listing, no mention of page cut out.

Without seeing your feedback, difficult to know why it was removed. 

If you mentioned ebay or refund, may be why.

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

negative feedback

Excellent answer, and many thanks for explaining as I did indeed mention the re-listing, although most of my comment was directed at the item that I returned, and was even kind about the no-hassle acceptance of the return by the vendor.

I would prefer to have your reply as the Accepted Solution, but I think it's too late now.

The re-listing is still deceitful, and any purchaser silly enough to buy it will probably send it back again, so if the vendor persists it will cost them more and more, as the book is repeatedly returned, until they finally earn negative profit from it 🙂

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent