false fraudulent claims

i'm currently having a problem with a buyer who is claiming he didn't receive his item, however he is actually lying, he's had the item, but is falsely claiming it was not delivered, i have a concern because he's blatantly lying, why should a seller be subjected to a false fraudulent claim ?? how are they allowed to get away with this ?? ebay seem to only have time for the buyer not the seller, it's a totally unfair situation when you're accused of not sending your item, even though you have proof ?? shouldn't the buyer be held accountable for the false claim ?? seems it's a one way procedure for the buyer 

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

false fraudulent claims

The buyer ' cannot get away with it'  if you have tracking to show delivery?

Have they opened a case?  Enter the tracking number into it asap,  and if it shows delivery it'll close in your favour.

Items are sometimes taken in by a partner or neighbour, and they forget to tell the recipient, or left in a safe place around their property. 

Your buyer may not necessarily be lying,  just a little detective work is need by them, to fnd their item.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

false fraudulent claims

I agree with the first response from @tressygirl 

If the buyer opens a case and your tracking shows delivery to the correct address, the buyer's claim will close and you won't be out of pocket.

It is perfectly feasible that the buyer has not received the item.

I had a 'confirmation of delivery' for a new Kindle recently, but no Kindle, and felt quite anxious.  We had a search around the property - parcels quite often get chucked over the fence - but the issue was not solved until the evening.  Our neighbours from the close behind, who have the same house number, had received the parcel and dropped it round to us on their way out.

If they were not honest, I would never have received my 'delivered' parcel.

If you genuinely feel your buyer is dishonest, add them to your blocked bidders list.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

false fraudulent claims

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

adding to the advice already given -

your biggest problem could be the false positive you left the buyer and your ability to prove your claims if the buyer takes action.

It will be rather difficult to prove your opening allegation of -

"THIS BUYER IS A PATHOLOGICAL LIAR".

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent