apple airpods modified

Hi

I bought Apple Airpods in January which had apple care included. After a few uses they stopped working so I sent them to Apple for repair. They have returned them telling me that they have under gone "unauthorised modifications".  I am struggling to get any help on the Ebay site as its over 30 days since purchasing, I have contacted the seller who is ignoring me.

These arrived in a sealed box and I checked the apple serial number but think I have been scammed.

Is there any recourse through Ebay? I have tried but unable to find any way to report this.

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

apple airpods modified

plum993
Experienced Mentor

I'm afraid there is nothing you can do via ebay now as to much time has lapsed for any action to be taken.

Your payment provider may be able to help you recover your money if you paid by card,and you can report online to "Action fraud"

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

apple airpods modified

You cannot report this to eBay as they do not offer warranties or guarantees on items, just that they are just as described on receipt.  If they are not,  a buyer has 30 days under eBay's 30 day MBG,  Money Back Guarantee policy,  to return the item for a full refund.

It's too late to leave feedback too, there are 60 days to do so.

If you bought this from a Private seller you are too late to claim a refund.

If purchased from a registered UK business, who offered a guarantee and is now not upholding this,  then turn to Citizens Advice for your next steps,  if you wish to take this further.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

apple airpods modified

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

@richarbrak_4 

How much were they and how did you pay?

You have 120 days to issue a chargeback via your card provider if you paid with a debit or credit card.

If you paid with a credit card via eBay checkout (not via PayPal) and they were over £100 you're still in time to issue a Section 75 chargeback via your credit card provider. 

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent