Think seller should be reported but dont know how to speak to Ebay anymore

Hi. I brought an item. Delivery tracking kept saying it was running behind. I messaged seller to ask did they actually have it in stock. got no reply. Open request as not received. Sunday morning seller rang. text, watts apps & messaged multiple times to say account is frozen & i need to close request as he will send item again! (I had asked for refund). I answe the phone & he says he cant use his account. I tell him its simple he refunds my money & I close the case. He constantly messages, says he answered my original message so I must have a problem. i check his feedback & he has done this multiple times. i blocked him on my phone but am waiting for ebay to step in and refund even though he told me he had and that i would need to pay return postage when this heavy item arrived. i think he should be removed but ebay are impossible to contact now and dont seem to care

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

papso22
Experienced Mentor

Ebay won't remove a seller based on one report.  However, the seller's excuses make no sense and you were right not to close the case.  If his account is frozen why would he send another?  You just need to stick with the item not received case. 

If the item arrives after the refund then you need to think about either paying for it (if you still want it), or telling the seller to provide the means for you to return it to them.  This will not be at your expense.

If it arrives before the refund, you can close the item not received case and open one for item not as described.  Again the seller pays the return postage.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

You say you are waiting for ebay to step in. I hope you realise that you have to escalate the case after 3 days yourself, ebay does not step in automatically.

If you have to escalate, ebay refunds at sellers expense, he gets a defect and no refund of selling fees. It does not take many defects to get suspended, which is more effective than any report.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Thank you,very helpful the whole thing was very strange. He said he had refunded me then the item arrived even though he said courier had lost so he would resend. Nothing made any sense then he tried to be my bestie & said he would refund some money which of course never happened.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent