The buyer did not receive the item sent

I was wondering if you could help. My husband sold his samsung phone through ebay. He was paid in full by the buyer and he sent it through Evri. Everything went well until what seemed like almost a week and the item did not reach the buyer yet. It was then deemed missing/lost. My husband refunded the amount to the buyer with the anticipation that he will be reimbursed by the ebay team. And yet it looks like £350 has gone to waste. Any advise?

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

eBay will not reimburse you for the cost of the phone as they are not the postal service just the selling platform you used.

If you refunded correctly,   that is , through a case for item not received that the buyer opened,  eBay will refund you your seller fees paid.

Your refund for the lost item, you now need to deal with Evri, they are the ones who lost the item.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

papso22
Experienced Mentor

Ebay won't refund a seller in these circumstances.   Your husband needs to make a claim through the courier.  If he bought postage through ebay that will mean claiming through Packlink.   They have a very long list of exclusions from cover.

He should have sent that item by royal mail. 

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent