Sent item International Tracked & Signed but returned

Hi - hope someone can help me out please? I sent an item to Denmark by Royal Mail In Tracked & Signed on 9th June. It was attempted delivery as not it, so it was carded but the buyer didn't collect rerrange delivery or collect. After 18 days, it has been returned to me. It cost £9 to send and the buyer has now asked that I send it again.

He says he was in and that he didn't get a card so don't know what do you now as he won't pay postage again. The item was only 99p !

Many thanks

Thanks for replies - don't know how to reply so editing this instead! Item was only 99p but limited edition so should have gone for more (!) and isn't replaceable. Buyer still wants the item so advised he has to pay postage again (after checking this out). Alternatively I just refund 99p as the track and trace shows delivery was attempted. Thanks for your help 😄

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Hello

I sent an item to Denmark by Royal Mail In Tracked & Signed on 9th June. It was attempted delivery as not it, so it was carded but the buyer didn't collect re-arrange delivery or collect. After 18 days, it has been returned to me. It cost £9 to send and the buyer has now asked that I send it again.

Contact your buyer again & clearly state that as the item was:

• sent tracked
  • not delivered
  • no-one in
  • returned to you after 18 days

if buyer wants item then buyer will indeed have to pay the PP cost again for item to be re-delivered to him/her

Also did you add the tracking number next to item sold to buyer in your Sold Folder or not as buyer then would have been able to check it or did you contact the buyer to let buyer know that  item was in the Sorting Office or not ?

You can also ask the buyer if he/she wants the transaction to be cancelled

So you will be able to send a cancellation request then/and  refund the buyer as soon as =   buyer has paid for item already  Woman Wink

You will also have to  choose the  option:

• buyer has changed his/her mind = no defect
  • problem with buyer's address = no defect

for you to get your FVF fees refunded= you have to do this before re-listing item

If buyer ignores it ( you never know ) then you will have to close the cancellation request manually  7 days later for you to get your FVF fees refunded or perhaps you will get them back as soon as rather than 10 days later

Have a look at this link also even though it is the buyer that want to cancel the transaction

I'm a seller and I want to cancel a sale.

Hope this helps :womanhappy:

Answers (0)

Ask a question