Scam?

Tracking for an item I have sold shows it was delivered and signed for, buyer claims it has gone to the wrong address and I should contact royal mail or the post office of their postcode for compensation and refund them or they will get a refund through paypal next week. Tracking shows it was delivered and signed for at the correct post code, the unit on buyers address however when googled says it is closed while the unit it was delivered to instead isn't. Previous feedback on buyer shows they have done similar in the past when orders have been cancelled due to their address not matching up, what exactly are my responsibilities here? Ebay have told me I've done everything I am expected and am under their money guarantee and royal mail have had me on hold for 2 hours. 

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Scam?

As long as the tracking shows delivery to the address supplied via ebay the buyer will not win a "not received" case to get a refund.    Ask her to ask her neighbours in case someone has taken it in.   And to ask her postie if they can remember where exactly it was delivered.    You don't need to do anything else.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Scam?

They are claiming the manager of unit that has apparently signed for the delivery told them to tell me to tell royal mail (who the buyer specifically requested I use for this delivery) to sort it out or claim compensation, they have not mentioned opening a case with ebay to get their refund just through paypal.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent