Retracting a make an offer

Hi,

Just made an offer but may buy the same item elsewhere rather than waiting a day for the seller to decide.  How do I retract that offer?  I don't want to buy two of the same items. 

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

Retracting a make an offer

See below:

Retracting a Best Offer

When you make a Best Offer or a counteroffer, you're agreeing to buy the item at that price if the seller accepts. However, if you've made a mistake when making an offer or a counteroffer, you can retract or cancel it in certain circumstances.

You can retract an offer if:

• There are 12 hours of more left before the listing ends
  • You placed your most recent offer less than an hour ago
  • You can't get in touch with the seller

You won't be able to retract your offer if:

• The listing ends in less than 12 hours and it's been more than an hour since you placed your most recent offer
    • The seller has already accepted or declined your offer, or sent you a counteroffer
    • You've already made 5 offers in a specific category

If you're using the eBay desktop site, here's how to retract a Best Offer or a counteroffer if it meets the requirements above:

1. Go to Bids/Offers in My eBay - opens in new window or tab.
      2. Find the offer you'd like to retract.
      3. Select Review offer, then select Retract offer.

You can also retract your offer on the item page by selecting Review offer and then Retract offer. If you're using a mobile browser or the eBay app, go to the Best Offer cancellation form - opens in new window or tab to retract your offer.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent