Received Funds but item returned

Hi everyone, 

I recently sold an item and the purchaser gave me an address which ended up being incorrect. They then gave me another address and I amended this with the courier. The courier attempted to deliver to the new address but someone at that property rejected receipt of the package. As a result, the item is now being returned to me. 

Ebay have, however, made payment for this item into my bank account. I just want to know what the process is here. I obviously want make sure the buyer is reimbursed, but not sure what to do if ebay have paid out and deducted their fees. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Once your item is returned to you you need to cancel the order citing Problem with Buyer's  address.

This refunds your seller fee and your seller performance is not affected.

I would also send the buyer a message to explain there was an issue with the address,  the item has been retutned to you,  and you have fully refunded them.

As a tip, never send an item to any other address than the one eBay send to you on the order details after confirming the buyer has paid.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

As said you only ever send to the address given with the payment details.

Doing it the way you have buyer will eventually end up with a full refund, and you will be out of pocket by all the fees you have paid to couriers.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Thanks so much for your response. 

I used the address on the order confirmation, so there is a full tracking history but thanks for the heads up in the future. 

The package is now here and its now marked as delivered, I can't see anywhere to now cancel the order now. Sorry to bother you again but any suggestions with this scenario? 

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent