Partial refund for part of order not received

Can someone advise please? I'm not experienced in purchasing from eBay. 

I purchased 2 items, which I had not received after 2 weeks. I contacted the seller, who said he had no record of my purchase, so I raised a dispute with eBay... I also sent my email confirmation to the seller. I then received 1 of the items ordered and informed the seller. The seller is now asking me to close the dispute as he cannot refund part of the order. He said he will then refund for the 1 item. I'm a little reluctant as I have no recourse if he then decides not to refund. They aren't hugely expensive items but why should I pay for something I haven't received. 

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

Partial refund for part of order not received

You can close the "not received" case because you will still be able to open a "not as described" return.   If the seller does not refund for the missing item you would need to open a return as the tracking will nullify the "not received" case anyway.   

You'd be issued with a paid-for postage label.   The seller would still have the option to issue a partial refund without return but if they don't you'd need to escalate it to ebay within 30 days.  

Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent