Listing FEE ??? For What???

I shifted from eBay a few years back after getting unfavorable decisions and getting ripped off by their sellers (and, honestly it was a good decision - moved to Amazon), so I thought maybe their operation tactics have changed to a more favorable one regarding ethics.

Well, it looks like I was wrong because just now I had listed two items, one is a watch and the other was an engagement ring (diamond).

I selected everything and, the surprised-surprised listing fee was £ 0.00. I was amazed honestly and thought they were finally waking up from their miserable dream where they could rule the planet and play this monopoly they played with me in the past resulting in hundreds of losses.

But, right after I listed nothing everything was just fine, so, I was like okay let`s speed up the process after sales and I provided my bank details, etc. And, that is when they played the same game as they did before.

In the morning I had an email from them waiting for me saying that no matter if I sell the item (ring) I`ll be charged £81 whether it is sold or not. I was shocked that they already tried to charge me and scheduled collection by their finance team.

In the past, they also played this with me and then I was unable to remove the banking details from the account so I had to call my bank and have their DD removed or set charge removed from the account they set up without my concern.

What a pathetic and disgusting business practice they pursuing. And, by the way, I will report this to the relevant European Commission as I have saved an HTML file showing that the listing fee is £ 0.00 also to the

agency collecting complaints about unlawful-unethical business practices in the EU and US.

I don't play your stupid games anymore eBay and I will teach you to respect my rights and the law that applies to every one of us, including you. I might even visit my local GP and collect fees for the damages your illegal business practice caused me psychologically and emotionally.

Also, you are by law required to provide a direct contact option so I can respond to your query and not just some automated *bleep* like you did. After all, you are trying to charge me £ 81 for nothing and that I have not signed up for.

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

papso22
Experienced Mentor

You are in Hungary,  these are the eBay UK boards for members to help other members.  We are not eBay representatives so there is no use complaining to us.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

These are the UK boards and you are in Hungary, best log into your designated site - https://www.ebay.com/

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

I am not complaining to anyone, just sharing my opinion about their business practices.

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

And, I always sell on the UK market when it comes to valuable items. That is all, I would never sell to a Hungarian buyer due to lack of legal protection. Of course, that is not a general opinion I don`t feel safe selling locally on eBay when there are other sites I can use.

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent