Item not delivered

Seller says tracking is proof of delivery so could not care less. Item not delivered. Tracking says handed to resident but date shipped was after it!? No photo proof included. I was home all day and have CCTV to prove the point no courier turned up. After being shafted I have researched and all I see is bad reviews!

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

Item not delivered

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

Both you and the seller accepted in the user agreement that eBay will decide disputed deliveries according to the tracking record.

If it states that it was delivered, or even that delivery was atempted, the seller is not required to refund you. (This means, for example, that the buyers are not refunded when parcls are left on the doorstep, and stolen - which happens all the time).

If you haven't done so already, you can open an item not received case under eBay's money back guarantee. If it is found in the seller's favour you can appeal, but would have to provide evidence that the tracking recidd is incorrect.

eBay's MBG gives buyers very strong protection when an item is not as described, but delivery problems have become one of the biggest risks of buying on eBay.

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

Item not delivered

Hi, thanks for the reply. Essentially I've lost out here. If tracking stating delivered but no photo proof seems to be accepted, then I have no chance. I've looked on here and at other forums and reviews sites. I see many people have raised non delivery from sellers using Bluecare, yet, nothing has been done. This company needs to be banned as being an option on here. So many have had the same as me, delayed tracking, stating delivery pre posting and "handed to resident" . I have got screen shots to provide once I can ask Ebay to step in, doubtful it will make an ounce of difference though tbh.

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Item not delivered

Please all avoid any seller using BLUECARE!!! As expected, asked Ebay to step in amd within minutes case closed, no refund. Ebay need to seriously monitor courier companies. We can all say delivered and get away with it but this company has been reported to them god knows how many times yet they are still operating and sellers are suffering losses. I used to believe Ebay was fair and just to both sellers and buyers, time to spend my money elsewhere and actually receive what I have paid for! Case not even answerd like I'm an individual so evidence provided has been a waste of time, not looked at or considered. 

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

Item not delivered

Hoiw did you fund the payment?

If with a debit or credit card via eBay checkout you can contact your card provider and issue a not received chargeback. They'll require better evidence of delivery. 

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

Item not delivered

eBay can't and doesn't attempt to investigate disputed deliveries. Their clearly stated money back guarantee policy is to decide cases according to the tracking record. If this records that an item was delivered - or even that delivery was attempted - the seller is not required to refund the buyer.

Like all of us, you accepted this in the user agreement. Delivery issues have become one of the biggest tisks of buying on eBay. So many parcels are incorrectly recorded as recorded as delivered, or delivered and stolen from the doorstep, that the police in some areas are advising buyers to use click and collect dervices instead.

You may be able to appeal eBay's decision if you can provide evidence that the tracking record is incorrect. We have heard of a number of cases where eBay has reversed their original decision in the buyer's favour.

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

Item not delivered

Unfortunately the courier isn't replying ( and has not replied to anyone else with issues from all accounts) and the seller doesn't care to investigate, so I have absolutely no way of finding a way to prove the tracking is incorrect. Lesson learned, I will only be ordering when a courier is stated by a seller, when It's one that must provide photographic evidence and ultimately I'll use another selling platform.

If I had not found out they had been reported numerous times over the last few years to Ebay I'd be less annoyed, but reading what I have, I have no faith in Ebay anymore.

Your responses are very much appreciated, thank you for taking time out of your day to try to help.

Kind regards 

Loz

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent