I swear NOT to use ebay again - Buyer called me idiot

Here's the story. I sold a 30-year-old vintage RC car (331661339770) on ebay UK. Buyer claimed the item as defective and requested return. I've no problem with a return. However, the item isn't defective but misused (with proofs) / unwanted. Hence, I believe buyer should be paying the "return postage and label fee" but not me. Buyer refused and used offensive words.

Buyer's concern 1:

• The RC car can't run in a straight line because one rear wheel is rotating freely.

My proof:

• A photo from another car in the same series indicating it's be original design - one rear wheel's driven by motor only. The meachanical reason's that inner wheel needs to rotate at a slower speed than outer wheel in a turn steering, as they follow different circumferences and travel in different distance.
  • An orignal manual from 80s showing a very obvious "straightness adjustment control" screw's available and used to adjust the path straightness.

Buyer's concern 2:

• Weak radio signal

My proof:

• A clear statement in the orignal listing, saying "The variable inductor existed on the car allows you to fine tune the receiver frequency. Please use a screwdriver to turn the screw at the inductor."
  • It's a 30-year-old vintage AM frequency RC car which still functions, not a brand new toy from Toyrus. Buyers are expected to pick up a screwdriver and adjust user settings after shipping and before use, because the vibration / shock during shippment could alter the screw in variable inductors.
  • Buyer refused, saying the item isn't in a sale-able state.

Buyer's offensive reponse:

• Buyer called me dumb and idiot, and blamed the item as FXXX-up.

My reponse:

• "Please don't use offensive words as it's not necessary. Let's reason but not argue. First of all, you mistook Radio Shack's original design as the cause of not being able to run the car in a straight line, right? It turned out there's a designed straightness control screw available (as stated in the original manual). Small misunderstanding. No big deal. Second, you commented on weak radio signal. Please refer to the description of the original listing, saying clearly "The variable inductor existed on the car allows you to fine tune the receiver frequency. Please use a screwdriver to turn the screw at the inductor." See, when you buy the item, you're expected to fine tune the user setting to maximize the signal like every vintage RC car does, especially for a 30-year-old electronics. Finally, please take a look at what you wrote again, "video is misleading as it avoids showing the actual problems with this item by driving in circles to hide the fact that it is incapable of driving in a straight line due to disconnected drive to one wheel." Have you ever realized that you were accusing someone for a lie/cheat which never happened? If you consider adjusting user settings with a screwdriver as something you don't want to do, why bother buying a vintage toy in the first place?"

So, now you see how I met a buyer who isn't dumb / idiot but failed to notice the most obvious button to make a RC car run straight. Since buyer claimed the item as defective, I'm now forced to waste two shipping costs plus label printing fee, while being called dumb and idiot. I swear. I'll NEVER use ebay again if buyer isn't, at least, paying his own return fee or part of his reponsibility!

Original manual in 80s

Original manual in 80s

Photo of another car in the same series

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)

Ask a question