I have not received an item - yet the item is now closed and I can do nothing

There has been a bit of mix up.

The seller posted an item to me (very late). Then it was returned to them because of a screw up in the postage. I had paid the full price plus postage (c.250 GBP)

They then opened up a 2nd item for the same item and resent the package making me pay the extra postage (21 GBP) . So the 2nd listing was just the cost of the posatge. This sending was lost by the Royal Mail.

They refunded me the 21 GBP from that post. But NOT the 250GBP from the original purschase.

Can someone help me? I can't even reach a human on ebay yet they say I have buyer protection - but it seems to be just a front. 

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Are you still within 30 days of that item's last estimated date for delivery?  The, message the seller no more but proceed this way:

Go right of the item purchased,  and from More Actions select....  I Have Not Received My Item.

If you are not fully refunded within 3 days,  you must escalate the case on day 4 or within 30 days from opening the case,  and eBay will step in and force the refund.

Do not close the case early for any excuse or promise the seller may give,  and do not forget to escalate.

If this time has lapsed you'll need to turn to your payment provider for help with your refund now.

@gustavbertha 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

ps. I have contacted the user for a refund without success.

Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

Are you still within 30 days of that item's last estimated date for delivery?  The, message the seller no more but proceed this way:

Go right of the item purchased,  and from More Actions select....  I Have Not Received My Item.

If you are not fully refunded within 3 days,  you must escalate the case on day 4 or within 30 days from opening the case,  and eBay will step in and force the refund.

Do not close the case early for any excuse or promise the seller may give,  and do not forget to escalate.

If this time has lapsed you'll need to turn to your payment provider for help with your refund now.

@gustavbertha 

Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

redwick1
Experienced Mentor

What was the problem with the postage on the first item?.

If there was attempted delivery or the item was held at customs and then returned through non payment of customs charges then you would lose any dispute.

We are just ordinary members trying to help.
Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

You give no dates, but you should really have opened a NOT RECEIVED CASE, as soon as the original shipping estimated delivery had passed. Late shipping for a start gives sellers a defect, and leads to late arrival, when you can return using reason NOT AS DESCRIBED.

This is what you should have done,but it would seem thst you arecwell past all options with ebay, so suggest you contact your payment provider to see if they can help with the original  payment.

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

papso22
Experienced Mentor

"Then it was returned to them because of a screw up in the postage".

This is the bit of your post where the detail really matters, without that we can't really help you.  

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

Hi thanks for taking the time to reply. It looks like I've been ripped
off in this situation. Oh well - live and learn.
Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

Many thanks for the help folks - appreciated. If I had known beforehand I would have conducted this differently. 

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent