Faulty Jeans - Help - New to selling.

Hi I listed and sold a pair of jeans.  The recipient received the jeans this morning and has contacted me with a photo of a faulty zip and asking for a refund. 

There is no way I can contest this (lesson learned, take photo's of the zip) But  1. How do I know they are my jeans, they could be any old jeans with a broken zip. 

2. Do I have to refund in full, item and postage paid?

Thank you

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

If they return different jeans in theory you can refuse to refund until correct item has been sent back.   But buyer would probably escalate the case to ebay in  which case you'd have to appeal their inevitable decision to issue refund (you don't issue refund until you have the item back).  

You do have to refund original postage as well as item pric, and a return postage label is supplied to the buyer, paid for by the seller.

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

Thank you for your reply.  I have fully reimbursed the buyer. With no return.

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Did buyer open a case? If so did you refund through the case? 

If you refunded outside a case, buyer could get a second refund.

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

Oh no have I done something wrong here!  I have a refund ID and reason, item not as described. 

Is that correct?

Thank you for your reply.

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

As long as you refunded on ebay via the case opened by the buyer that's fine.   In future get the item back first, if you want it back (although you do have to pay the return postage).   Once a refund has been issued the buyer is not obliged to return the item.

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

Well I fully reimbursed the buyer and attached a note, saying sorry etc.

Besides her initial message telling me about the fault, I didn't hear a thing back.  Not even a thank you!  

Makes you wonder!!!

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent