Ebay system glitch resulting in payment to PayPal but no order being created.

What I really want is a phone number of an ebay customer support person.. WHY ?  because I have spent more than 2 hours explaining the ebay problem with their chat system -Not only to ONE person but to THREE people . SO FAR none of the ebay support people can even understand the problem because it does not follow the pattern they expect !

The system PRETENDS that it is easy to phone a customer support human being but does all it can to bamboozle you --- And in my case results in never giving me a phone number  VERY CLEVER EBAY. !

The problem is a technical one where the system takes payment before actually completing the order. In my case the seller did not even receive the order nor  (for an item previously bought does this previous order  show on my purchase history) !

PLEASE SOMEONE GIVE ME AN EBAY PHONE NUMBER. ?

ps I am not a newbie . Been an ebay customer for 22 years !

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

tobiasd4
Experienced Mentor

There is no phone number you can call ebay on, only callback.

At a guess, your issue is related to when making an offer you have to add payment details, or can't make offer. 

If offer accepted,  payment taken immediately. 

This is a new system ebay has opted sellers into, many not aware.

Only sellers can opt out, not buyers

If something different, please explain.

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

Thanks for response but NO that is not the answer.

I Ordered something for delivery to myself. Paypal taken and ordered item delivered …All OK

Within minutes of the 1st order I ordered the same article for delivery to a friend.Paypal taken
but no normal order completion by eBay received. Could easily have been something to do with the way I ordered
using my iPhone. Nevertheless some sort of eBay system malfunction.

From this 2nd order I can ascertain from my PayPal details that the payment referred to some form of gobbledegook
order number. even though their Authorisation came from a normal type order number.

Strangely The 1st order that went through normally does not show up on my eBay purchase history. !!

O.K. It is only £7.99. but neither the eBay chat system nor the PayPal one can deal with my request/complaint
because I cannot give them the specific info they require for the automated to actually operate at all (Circular Movement)

Have been with eBay for 20 odd years , had nearly 1000 buys/sells and I am now disgusted that I cannot find
a phone number to discuss -having spent more than 3 hours (I’m a persistent ‘bugger’). with both chat systems.

I would really like an eBay representative to read this complaint and sort it out - for all our sakes.

The Mosquito versus The Elephant. ???

Let’s just say that these monster companies are excellent at BLOCKING which is actually illegal in Rugby Union. !
Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Hi tobiasd4, Thanks for taking an interest but NO that is not the reason in this instance.

FYI When receiving your response into my email system There was a little blue word indicating if pushed I could give a RESPONSE . I then wrote a full page explanation which was directed to a 40 or more letter ebay email address.(NOT BACK INTO THIS SYSTEM ) At the moment I really cannot re type it for clarity here !

If however  you would give me some sort of email address that I could forward it to I would do that !

Could do it within the ebay system if I knew how !

Regards

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

Did you buy asca guest, if so it won't show on your account, but you will still get email confirmation. 

As said, you can't phone or email ebay CS. 

Best option is contact them 1st thing in the morning,  should get Dublin. 

Keep clicking until you get callback option.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

'' .......  does not show up on my eBay purchase history. !! ......

Looks like a  Guest purchase ... Using a PC/Laptop, ... see if you can find the email  Guest order Transaction number # details using the Blue button in the link below > 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/buying/returns-items-not-received-refunds-buyers/returning-item/returnin...

https://pages.ebay.co.uk/ebay-money-back-guarantee/

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

Many thanks to those of you who made the time to help.

Very much appreciated…

I am particularly grateful to receive the advice and details
enabling me to receive a phone call from ebay customer service.

The ebay agent was very helpful and knowledgable about the
system . SHE SOLVED IT !

RESULT ? Yes My fault ! I used my iPhone without signing in
therefore I was treated as a guest.

Apparently with the 2nd item I ordered (which was for delivery to
a friend) . Ebay then directs all communication to that friend - even the seller
is dealing with the friend so me the buyer does not receive any
information at all.. (I just paid !). I had no knowledge of delivery etc

The future ? Just keep to the normal approach and sign in. !

Thanks again to those that helped..

Regards

Lavillegour
Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent