EBay taking sellers side

Ebay didnt refund my item I didn't receive I contected the seller he said me a photo of my out door letter box with the item half in when I checked my cctv there was no one at my house at that time or date and ebay didn't he ask me my side just took the seller side

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

EBay taking sellers side

papso22
Experienced Mentor

Ebay provide very little seller protection.  However,  online evidence of delivery means they will win an item not received case.

How did they get a photo of your door if they were never there according to your cctv?

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

EBay taking sellers side

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

ebay didn't he ask me my side just took the seller side

EBay's money back guarantee policy is to decide cases according to the tracking record. If this states that an item was delivered - or even that delivery was attempted - the buyer is not eligible for a refund through eBay. You accepted this policy in the user agreement. If you can disprove the tracking record you may be able to appeal the decision.

If it was left half-out of the letter box it may well have been stolen. Theft of parcels from the doorstep is so commonplace that the police in some areas are advising buyers to use click and collect services instead.

Delivery issues have become one of the biggest risks of buying on eBay.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent