EBAY / UK will no longer allow me to bid for what my wife describes as Ebay Rubbish

HI - Help required -  First of all I must make it clear there are no problems such has disputes or payment problems  - also my cridit card  / bank etc are all sound. What has happened is that SUDDENLY my Ebay has developed problems. It allows me to bring up items for sale on Ebay but then the following occurs -  

1)  When there are several images on a item for sale -when I click to change to a new image nothing happens.

2) When I  clck on the BIDING  nothing happens and when i click on SELECT ITEM nothing happens.

Have spent days trying to reach a live person at Ebay but without success and now believe there arn't any.

All the Ebay HELP systems incorporate the automated system that leads to a merry-go-round to nowhere.

Have now possibly reached the end of buying what my wife's colourful language. describes as 'Ebay *bleep*'

unless someone has the solution.  GT

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

EBAY / UK will no longer allow me to bid for what my wife describes as Ebay Rubbish

Everybody needs a hobby, and buying tat on Ebay is a relatively harmless one.

So, use the link to get a callback or have an online chat and see if Customer Services can help you in your hour of need.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

eBay's moderator has edited your post, so we don't know what was taken out. But from what you say it sounds more like a technical issue on your own connected device. I doubt whether eBay customer support will be able to give much help.

It would have helped to know whether you're using the app on a phone, or a PC, and which browser you're using. If it's the app, try using a PC and an eBay-friendly browser like Firefox. If you're already using a browser, try clearing the cache and then close and restart the browser.

Failing the above, perhaps your wife has planted a bug to prevent you from buying more "eBay rubbish"!

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent