Did not accept 1 large plastic pot when the courier should have had 5.

Hi,  If anyone has any information to help me with this matter that would be great.

On the 21st of April I ordered five 90 litre plastic pots.  On the 29th of April the courier arrived and only had 1 pot.  I told the courier I would not accept 1 pot when I had ordered 5.  He understood and took the single pot back.  I then got in touch with the seller via ebay messages on the morning of the 29th of April and told them the courier only had 1 pot and not 5 and I told the courier to take back the 1 single pot.  I also said that the courier most likely lost them.   I sent another email to the seller earlier on this evening explaining the situation.  

Doing a bit of research I found out that if a buyer rejects a parcel from a courier then the buyer cannot make a claim against the seller for a refund.   I don't know if this is true that is why any information regarding this matter will be appreciated.   I am hoping though that the seller will get back to me and offer to send out another 5 pots.    Many thanks

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

papso22
Experienced Mentor

The ebay money back guarantee excludes buyers who refuse to accept deliveries so your research was right.  It is clearly set out in the money back guarantee. 

Ebay won't help you now so you have to hope the seller is obliging. 

For future reference you should have accepted the package and then returned what you got as not as described at the seller's expense. 

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

If only buyers would read the conditions for eBay's money back guarantee before they have a problem!

Every day we hear from buyers who have thrown away their right to a refund because they missed the time limit, didn't send items back correctly or refused to accept delivery. eBay gives buyers very strong protection, but takes no prisoners with regard to its terms and conditions; get it wrong, and there's no second chance.

You didn't have to "research" this. There is a link to eBay's money back guarantee at the top right of every listing, or see: https://pages.ebay.co.uk/ebay-money-back-guarantee/

Let's hope that your experience helps other buyers to avoid the same mistake.

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

adding to the advice already given -

Buyers with private feedback make it difficult to fully advise properly.

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Hi,  Many thanks for this information and confirms what I thought.  I will not make this mistake again.  Best regards

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent