Damaged item return ?

Purchased a book that arrived damaged contacted seller for a exchange or a refund 

I was offered a £20 discount which I refused and requested a return and full refund.

i was then in formed after waiting 2days for a return label that they couldn't issue me a returns label.

they haven't supplied a return address and have been going round in circles try to get help from eBay !

please can anybody help 

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Damaged item return ?

Listen to no more excuses from the seller just proceed this way:

You have received an item not as described,  so you are guaranteed a full refund under eBay's 30 day MBG,  Money Back Guarantee policy,  if you claim within 30 days of the item's last estimated date for delivery.

You then go right of the item in your Purchase History,  and from More Actions select Return this item,  selecting the reason...  Item Not as Described.

The seller has 3 days to accept the case,  if they don't ,  you need to  escalate on day 4,  or within 30 days,  and eBay will step in and force the refund.

If the seller wants the item back first,  they need to pay for a fully tracked return postage.  On receipt of their item they have 48 hours to refund you.  Again,  if they don't,  you escalate the case.

Do not close the case early for any excuse or promise the seller may give,  and do not forget to escalate.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Damaged item return ?

plum993
Experienced Mentor

If you opened a return request to return the book and the seller is not supplying a return label because the book is not as described in the listing,or a refund,then you can escalate the case to ebay who will either supply a return label or provide a full refund.

If you haven't yet opened a return request, you get 30 days from the estimated delivery date to do so.https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/buying/returns-refunds/returning-item?id=4041

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Damaged item return ?

Have you actually opened a not as described case?   If you are trying some "do it yourself" method perhaps on advice from a seller this is not correct.

If you have then simply escalate as advised by @tressygirl .  Other wise open a case and do not communicate at all with the seller.  It is all done through the case.

This applies even if the seller is foreign.  In the past it was thought that foreign sellers could escape returns due to this complexity; it is not so.  If they do not send a label [or cannot] escalating the case gets the refund. @phiggys 

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent