Company is under criminal offence investigation by Trading Standards yet still trading on ebay

Hi,

I bought a bunk bed from ebay member but via gumtree.

They are trading as a private seller on ebay but run a business. This business is currently under investigation by trading standards for criminal offences:
The bunks beds have no safety testing and do no comply with BS EN 747-2:2012+A1:2015 (EU safety reg for bunks beds).
The company advertises beds as easy assembly yet supplies without screws, instructions, predrilled holes etc. it requires a carpenter to build with power tools. They also require sanding and cutting to make safe for a child. (THEY DONT STATE THIS ON ADVERT)
There are multiple complaints about this business across the internet (facebook, youtube etc.) yet they trade on ebay with impunity. They used to use a scam on paypal to get you to pay as friend to avoid charges. I'm certain they will encourage buyers on ebay to buy away from the site.

They refuse to give any refund policy when customers complain, they refuse to provide their company address. They sell the beds with a lifetime guarantee but refuse to give any information around this when requested.

I've reported this to gumtree and facebook who have removed adverts / pages but I cannot seem to do this on ebay. Natwest bank, action fraud and trading standards are also involved. 

How do I make ebay aware a company is breaking EU trading laws? I've tried reporting his seller item but the options are limited so I've just put under 'hazardous materials'.

This question is getting reported as 'inappropriate content' but all I'm trying to do is ensure a company is not selling beds for children that are dangerous. People are building these beds which are warping and falling. 

Thanks
Ben

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)

Ask a question