Cancelling a sale

I have sold an item that was listed incorrectly. The listing heading stated the item was a L, although I did include a picture in the listing indicating the label was XL. I responded to the buyer within the hour to advise of the error and suggested after disclsure of the error, either a cancellation, or measurement of the item to determine suitability. I've not heard anything from the buyer, although early hours (only 11 hours ) and I appreciate people work and are not glued to e-bay. My concearn is how long do I leave this before cancelling the sale. I'm a private seller, I do not care about a transaction defect from e-bay (or shoudl I)? I am merely selling clothes to the sole benefit of a charity I have in mind. Saving meat dogs from china. Advise as always much apprecited.

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cancelling a sale

Thank you so much for the information. Good to know. Situation now sorted. Thanks again.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Cancelling a sale

plum993
Experienced Mentor

Well don't leave it to long as you don't want a late delivery defect.If the buyer does get back to you, look to use the mutual agreement option to cancel.

You can cancel the transaction upto 30 days, but best within the first hour with no penalty,however as that time has passed you may have to cancel and gain an account defect 

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Cancelling a sale

Just for the record, a defect is a serious matter, you only have a few feedback relating to sales, and it all comes down to percentages.

10 feedback shown, one defect gives a 10% defect rate, far higher than the maximum ebay expects of 2%.

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Cancelling a sale

Thank you. Appreciate the advise. All sorted now.

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Cancelling a sale

Thank you so much for the information. Good to know. Situation now sorted. Thanks again.

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent