Buyer ask for a refund as the item was delivered to a random person on the street

I have received a refund request as the buyer claimed he did not received the item. The proof of the delivery showed a man took it on the street. The delivery address was a flat in a building, so I am also puzzled by the proof of the picture. Shouldn't it be delivered inside the building? Has anyone come across a similar situation?  What is the best way to resolve it? 

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Buyer ask for a refund as the item was delivered to a random person on the street

redwick1
Experienced Mentor

You dont need to do anything if the tracking is on the item.

As long as the tracking is on the item in your sold section and it shows as Delivered ( no matter who to) then ebay will go with you and you would win any not received dispute.

The buyer would need to take it up with whoever delivered the item.

We are just ordinary members trying to help.
Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Thank you very much.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

I'd be contacting your delivery company and ask them why they handed the package to a stranger in the street.

If your buyer opens an eBay item not received claim they will initially lose it.

If they appeal then eBay will likely find in their favour with that evidence and their payment will be refunded back to them.

If they go straight to a not received chargeback with their card provider you'll end up refunding and paying a £16 fee.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent