Bad feedback

Hello,  Received bad feedback which has jeopardised my previous 100% rate.  After agreeing to refund insofar as item returned in description described (supported by photos) buyer preferred to go to Resolution Centre.  I assumed EBay would act as an arbitrator and the matter settled.  However EBay supported the buyer and damaged goods subsequently returned.  In order to protect my feedback I refunded but now find that bad feedback has been left which is unfair and unjustified. Can I appeal to EBay to have this reviewed? Otherwise it would appear that any buyer with more feedback can hold sellers to ransom and avoid return costs.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

If you contact customer services they may remove it because the buyer mentioned ebay, which is not allowed.  But that's the only reason it would be rmoved.

Ebay don't arbitrate - everything is automated, and no human being has even seen the case. Yo say you refunded to protect your feedback, but I'm afraid you would have reunded anyway - again automatic if you don't do it yourself.

Most sellers actually ask buyers to open a case, rather than just refunding, because it flags up whether or not the buyer has a habit of being troublesome. The outcome is the same either way.

Answers (0)

Ask a question