Avoid Referral to a Debt Collector.

Hi having posted previously about my account being hacked, IPhones sold and my attempts to get fees removed for these phone, this happened last October, i have my account back, Ebay have said numerous times i will not have to pay any fees and not to worry i will not have to pay for the actions of the hacker.

Have had manager of resoultion center in Ireland i think phone me twice. She said she would get these fees removed. She managed to remove 1 IPhone fees and told me the others would be removed soon.

Today had the following email :-

We have reached out numerous times regarding the fees and expenses you owe. To date, we have not received payment to clear your negative balance due. As a result, collection efforts will continue, which could include referral to a collection agency.
To avoid the transfer to a debt collector, you can make a one time payment to bring your balance up to date. The amount owed at the time will appear on the screen.
Please be aware that a collection agency may charge you a fee for the collection of the unpaid eBay fees. These fees vary according to the amount owed and may be payable in addition to the outstanding fees.
Don’t let that happen. Pay today.

eBay Global Collections

Now this is getting serious , my credit history will be efected and baliffs at my front door .

What on earth is going on ????? This is harrassment !!!!!

I do not owe any fees.My account was hacked. Ebay have said i do not have to pay the fees, Yet they want me to pay the over £900.00 that the hacker scammed.

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

plum993
Experienced Mentor

Look to use the ebay contact details bottom of this link,see if that can help you. http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/account/securing-account.html

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

For that kind of money I would consult a solicitor. Find one who will give you a free half hour and see where that gets you.

******************************************************************************************