I've paid but seller hasn't recieved the funds?

I can't seem to reach a real person in eBay support so I'm hoping someone can help.

I recently bought something on eBay, I made my payment via PayPal as I have a hundred times. The item shows "Paid" in my purchase history and PayPal shows the transaction complete on their end. However the seller is saying they've not received any funds. This is a long time seller with a 100% postivie rating.

I know eBay has recently changed their payment system so transactions are no longer person to person via PayPal. eBay now acts as an intermediary for payments. I'm guessing that has something to do with this, however if anyone could shed some light on the possible cause that would be great.

View Entire Topic

Unfortunately,  some sellers whilst embracing the instruction HOW to join eBay's new Manged Payment system,   have not bothered to read how it works.

Yes,  payment when made to a seller is not immediately available to be withdrawn as when it was when paid into Paypal.

Try and explain this to your seller ,  that they have received a message from eBay that you have paid,  and it is their bank which is now holding the payment,  eBay have taken their fees promptly within one day, and sent the remainder to the seller's nominated bank account.  This can take up to 4 days to process and to be  available for the seller to withdraw.

They have received instruction from eBay to post to you,  they must do this now.