Buyer did not accept delivery of an ordered item

I recently sold an item on e bay- payment was processed item dispatched and received by buyer - proof of delivery from Royal Mail stating the the buyer refused to accept with a 2nd class signed for. Contacted buyer who has items delivered to a shop that could not scan the e bay number as not on package. I send and have received items without the e bay number included with no problems whatsoever since using e bay. The buyer did not give special instructions as to include the e bay number. As they do not have a return address and the item was delivered to the valid address given but refused delivery (as per e mail received from Royal Mail) - customer in receipt of such, for reasons stated that the person in charge of deliveries could not scan the item. I contacted Royal Mail and they informed me that unaccepted items are sent to Ireland!  I am unsure as to the next stage to take with this issue. As the item was posted the next day and delivered on time and the buyer had not informed the receiver of such delivery and had received the item is this a buyer or seller issue please?  

View Entire Topic

All of your listings offer 'click and collect'.

The seller sends the item to a C&C shop with the 8-digit eCP number (eBay reference) number written on it. The shop enters the eCP number in to the system > the buyer receives a code to use to collect the item.

You must include the eCP number. The buyer does not need to remind you to do this. 

If this eCP number is missing, the parcel can be rejected at the eBay collection point location. In this case, the parcel will be unidentifiable and may be disposed of, without reimbursement. This may cause an ‘Item not received’ case to be raised against you by the buyer.

If there is a return address on the parcel, it should find it's way back to you. 

To opt out of C&C > account settings > postage preferences > C&C edit > opt out. 

Ask a question