MC139 "unauthorized user of buyer or bidder account" Received After Despatch

Hi,

I'd recently sold a reasonably high value item (£50ish total, including P&P). The buyer looked to have a click & collect address of a shop, so I asked to confirm his full name so the shop can tell the difference between multiple parcels they might receive.  Once the buyer replied, I promptly packed and posted the item the next day, using a tracked delivery method and providing the buyer the tracking number.

Ebay sent my payout the next day. All good so far!

2 days after despatch however, Ebay sent me 2 messages to say that the buyers account had placed a bid (it was a Buy It Now item) without their authorisation. Then another to say they had removed the listing (it had already expired because I only had 1 of the item to sell anyway!).  The message told me to contact them on Live Chat with any questions, but Live Chat is not active when I've checked.

What is the potential scenario here?  Given I've posted the item with tracking, Ebay can see that I've done as much as I can as a seller to ensure a safe delivery.  It was only posted after they'd given me the go ahead to do so.  Might it be that the item doesn't get collected or is returned from the address potentially?

I'd had a look for other MC139 related threads, but wanted to ask the community myself in regards mine to see what others' experience might be.

Thanks,

Andy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tobiasd4
Experienced Mentor

Not sure why you wanted buyers full name, you should include the ECP number on address, as supplied by ebay when buyer paid.

You must always add tracking to ebay when marking as posted,

as long as tracking shows as delivered, you are covered.

Keep POP for 13 months, as this is how long buyer can claim unauthorised use.

To contact CS: eBay Customer Support

Answers (0)