When do the swallows leave?

I have just been watching them flying around. I thought they usually left about now.
Message 1 of 10
See Most Recent
9 REPLIES 9

Maybe the warm weather is delaying them. Nature seems to be mixed up these days as we don't seem to have defined seasons anymore.

Message 2 of 10
See Most Recent

think they should be leaving in the next week or so, but usually we see them gathering on the phone wires in groups before they go and there is no sign of them doing that yet.

Message 3 of 10
See Most Recent

Thats what I thought I remember I use to tell my son they were all meeting up to fly home.
Message 4 of 10
See Most Recent

probably be the end of the month, I remember watching them as a child, gathering up on the phone lines, it was always after we'd gone back to school after the summer holidays, so it must have been end of Sept, beginning of October.

aren't they lovely little things?

Photobucket

Message 5 of 10
See Most Recent

yes, they are lovely, we had a couple of nests in the garage the babies kept me entertained for hours. Also had an adult swallow in the kitchen last week, when we caught it to put it out we had a good look at it, the colours are amazing.

Message 6 of 10
See Most Recent

I think yes they do leave in Septemberish!!!!. Lovely Birds,,i love their crys and tweets!!.Woman Happy

Message 7 of 10
See Most Recent

First day of autumn today.

equinox.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 8 of 10
See Most Recent

I love autumn, & spring, hate the heat in summer, don't mind the cold as long as it's not raining, absolutely loathe snow with a passion, but love frosty mornings !. Yep I'm weird . lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 9 of 10
See Most Recent

Agree with everything Sam except I love snow.
Message 10 of 10
See Most Recent