Pet carrier

Hi all I'm looking for recommendations for a pet carrier for large breed cat, it just is needed for trips to the vet etc but needs to be capable of holding a heavy weight and also to be secure. I don't want to pay silly money but am willing to pay a bit more than usual for the right carrier. Any advice welcome

Message 1 of 12
See Most Recent
11 REPLIES 11

Pet carrier

Smiley Happynearly 2000 to chose from, low price start just scroll down

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1311.R8.TR12.TRC2.A0.H1.Xcat+basket.TRS0&_...

Petal
Message 2 of 12
See Most Recent

Pet carrier

Smiley Happysome low prices and free collection depending where you are.

Petal
Message 3 of 12
See Most Recent

Pet carrier

Would prefer some first hand knowledge rather than risk picking one out at random. The kitten isn't even born yet, but due soon. I think I may as well buy a carrier that will last several years as the cat grows rather than a smaller one to only cover a few months. The kitten is a Maine Coon so will grow big, thus will need a large and strong carrier. I think it's a case of being spoiled for choice

Message 4 of 12
See Most Recent

Pet carrier

Smiley Happyhmmm i just had to look what a kitten looks like very cute when tiny, a kitten box from any vet or pet shop would do for now, and then a bigger one as kitten matures

Q, Where doe's this one sleep

maine-coon.gif

Answear. Anywhere it wants

Petal
Message 5 of 12
See Most Recent

Pet carrier

Our cat (average sized) went to the vet for his booster this week in his usual plastic carrier, of which he is not fond.  While in the waiting room we saw a much happier looking cat of similar size in a metal crate similar to those used for dogs.  He had plenty of room and looked very relaxed.  We plan to buy one for ours.  I don't know the make but I was quite impressed with the carrier.

Message 6 of 12
See Most Recent

Pet carrier

Very similar ones listed under "wire cat carrier".  The owner of the cat I saw in one recommended it highly

Message 7 of 12
See Most Recent

Pet carrier

Thanks for the info, I will have a look

Message 8 of 12
See Most Recent

Pet carrier

Have got a cat carrier, a wicker hamper type and am very pleased with it. Also have changed the breed of kittens I am getting and take delivery of two Norwegian forest cats (kittens) in October. There is a little black and white boy who I want to call Sigmund (Ziggy) and a silver blue tabby girl who I will call Freya, the names are still under discussion but these are the most likely. Am getting really excited about them now

Message 9 of 12
See Most Recent

Pet carrier

Looking forward to the pics, whatever their names end up being!

Message 10 of 12
See Most Recent

Pet carrier

Not be long now Myra until you get your new fur babies. A shame we will never meet up again though but heyho such is life.

Message 11 of 12
See Most Recent

Pet carrier

Yes DK such is life, unfortunately lively Jack Russell and little kittens don't mix so it is impossible to meet up again

Message 12 of 12
See Most Recent