Do any of you know anyone that rents out

a static caravan privately in North Wales as my wife and I with our small Jack Russell were hoping to find somewhere relatively inexpensive to go and meet Mr & Mrs Captain Bovine ?

We were thinking about going down the last weekend in May of 2018 and departing the first weekend of June, I think the dates are 26th May until 2nd June.

We tried one that was advertised at £275 for the week which was making things a bit tight for us then when we decided ok they wanted £465 for the week.

No way are we willing or able to pay that type of money for a weeks holiday.

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

Smiley HappyI'v Been  A Few Times To North Wales, Towyn And A Few More Places

Can You Narrow The Area A Bit

Petal
Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

Towyn area would be fine, I am sure you will understand when I do not want to pinpoint exactly where Mr & Mrs Captain Bovine live. I do not mind maybe up to an hours drive to visit them.

Can you recommend anywhere ?

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

i think you may be looking to go during the half term holiday, and if so many places will increase their prices that week. so what looks like being £245 to start with is often for some obscure date in jan or nov, and increases to x amount at easter and the half terms and xx amount during ' proper ' season in july / aug 😞

have you considered the sun newspaper holidays, often your local paper may have the same type of deal.

for you, it would be £80, if you want / need a week as you'd have to book two breaks, a mon to fri one and a fri to mon one, or the other way around, and depending on the date it could actually be £120.

they are advertised as £10 holidays, but that's per person and tho there's only 2 of you, these things are based on 4 people min, and some of the dates are £15 holidays.

and then there is often extras ! ie linen hire ( optional ? ) entertainment passes ( prob not needed by you so you don't have to buy them )

i have no idea when the newspaper is next due to offer them, but i am sure with a bit of googling you could at least see which sites they usually offer in north wales and decide if any of them would be near the location you wish.

i know there is a website with lots of q's +a's on it and you can read them / explore the webite with out logging in / joining  the site.

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

a thought...

does it have to be a static caravan ?

could you consider a pet friendly holiday home/cottage ?

if so,

try ' home to go ' website, put in wales and move the interactive map around 🙂

click the dogs allowed button,

and move the price per night  i moved it down to a max of £40 per night and put it 2 people and your dates and i did get a small collection of properties to choose from - but of course i don't know the location you need.

but i got of choice of 3 - £268 (  caerwys ) / £287 ( gwydir forest )  / £277 (  near trofarth )

so, worth a consideration ?

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

Tried that shona but when I went to book they wanted over £400, found a static caravan for the week we want for £200 plus a £50 damages bond which is refunded if no damage is found after stay.

That was changing to a week earlier. I have to find out what holidays I can have at work as it is first come first served.

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

Found one petal in Towyn, Millers Cottage Caravan Park to be precise.

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent