Dirt Loving Puss

is there anyone on here whose cat eats dirt?. My cats ok and eating her food and all is well otherwise but she goes out on my balcony and comes back with dirt round her chops!. I caught her this morning with her head in my plant trough,, and she goes along the bottom of my window frame hoovering up the cobwebs and such. She actually eats them!!. Its maybe a bit of Pica i think they call it(when cats eat foreign objects or things or lick or chew things). She reminds me of babies when they shovel dirt in their mouths. When i shout and tell her to stop she comes in looking guilty but its just odd!!.Woman Surprised

Message 1 of 11
See Most Recent
10 REPLIES 10

Dirt Loving Puss

I thought cats were more particular.  I know dogs aren't!  Molly brings twigs in to chew and moss with accompanying roots and soil, that goes everywhere if you don't spot her soon enough.  Yesterday she appeared from somewhere in the house with a little whisp of stuffing on her beard.  I went and searched all over and then found, she'd eaten a piece off the base of one of the beds!!

She might not reach 6 months next week!!! 

Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent

Dirt Loving Puss

aawww will you look at Molly, love the dummy toy!!

Rose, do you think she could be missing vitamins or something? usually they say that. We had a dog that would eat her do-do if you didn't watch her!!! Vet said it was a maternal thing with **bleep**es though. Thank goodness we only had one dog that did that!!!

Photobucket

Message 3 of 11
See Most Recent

Dirt Loving Puss

Awwwww Molly she has a Dummy ha ha LOL.

Yes my cat comes in with it stuck in her chin so i know what shes been up too,,naughty girl she is. They do say it can signify mineral or Vitamin deficiency but she should not be lacking. She gets plenty of variation. I will surf the internet and get some information too. Shes not hungry as shes always eating. I give in to her too much with her treats and food but shes not enormous or anything or grossly overweight. I would not do that to her.Woman Happy

Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent

Dirt Loving Puss

my flatmate had a cat that was thin but ate like mad, same as some peeps who are thin and then eat like a horse, I work with a girl like that, she can put away more than me at times!!!

Photobucket

Message 5 of 11
See Most Recent

Dirt Loving Puss

As CB & CG , it could be that, minerals, upset tum, even worms, is this the cat that lives indoors Rose, I know cats like dogs will eat Grass if they feel a bit bloated etc, if your cat is an indoor one & can't get to any grass this could be a substitute to replace it?.

**********Sam**********
Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent

Dirt Loving Puss

Has she got all her adult teeth now CG? Bless! when she's sleeping like that don't ya just wanna wanna cuddle her & when you see the damage she's done don't ya just wanna put yer ands round her throat? lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 7 of 11
See Most Recent

Dirt Loving Puss

Years back, we used to have a dog that would literally eat anything including plaster off the walls and a pair of my mum's shoes.

Message 8 of 11
See Most Recent

Dirt Loving Puss

I really don't know if she's lost ANY teeth saasher!  Usually you notice gaps or even the odd tooth on the floor, but although I keep looking, I've never seen anything!  

I'll ask the vet to look when she goes to be speyed.  I like them to have one season first though as I believe they need to kick start the hormones etc.

Message 9 of 11
See Most Recent

Dirt Loving Puss

Yes I agree, she could still be teething or she just likes to chew, have you noticed they always chew at a comfortable height! lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 10 of 11
See Most Recent

Dirt Loving Puss

Yes its an indoor cat unfortunately. maybe i will get some Kitty grass. I watered the plants yesterday she wont eat it when its wet ha ha LOL. thats put a stop to her tricks. I was watching My cat From Hell last night,,i do like that Jackson Galaxy hes very magical and so nice.heart

Message 11 of 11
See Most Recent