ambiano (aldi) air fryer

aldi had their dual basket air fryer on sale for online prior to it launch in store this coming sunday. I wanted one. it was priced at £89.99. obviously the site crashed as I was about to pay. they are now appearing on the ebay site for twice/three times the price. I find this disgusting that ebay allow companies to buy up stock and sell it at a huge increase in price.

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

ambiano (aldi) air fryer

If you don't like the price, no one is forcing you to buy it.   

Air Fryers are not an essential item

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

ambiano (aldi) air fryer

Agree with 1st sentence. But who am I to say if it's an essential item, I don't know the OP's circumstances, and are people obliged to buy only "essential" items? Who decides what's "essential"? Many are buying air fryers in these days of soaring energy costs as it's cheaper than using a full-size oven but anyway air fryers are ideal for cooking a single portion or small batches (and so great for someone living on their own, say). Many air fryer models have accessories (included or to buy extra) to increase the cooking options e.g. to bake in it. Maybe class it as an "essential luxury"?

Hopefully you the OP can buy the air fryer from Aldi. Even if they run out of stock early on and you lose out at first, they're likely to restock a popular item - ask to go on a mailing list to be informed when they restock. Or maybe buy another make? - several good makes are available.

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

ambiano (aldi) air fryer

I think your reply (insidethe93) was of much more use than the conciliatory attempt of litp*records. 

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

ambiano (aldi) air fryer

@cannysue wrote:

I find this disgusting that ebay allow companies to buy up stock and sell it at a huge increase in price.

I think you'll find that that is how nearly all businesses function.

If they charge more than buyers are willing to pay, they make no sales, and have to reduce prices. If they ARE making sales, then it's good, profitable business practice.

Over promise, then under deliver = negative buyer experience, INR cases, unhappy buyers and sellers.
Under promise, then over deliver = Positive buyer experience, joy and happiness all round. 
If only eBay could get their heads round this basic concept, this would be a happier place for all.
Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

ambiano (aldi) air fryer

I will only buy items for less than the high street on ebay. These chancers can keep their stock.

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

ambiano (aldi) air fryer

@midnightbell145 wrote:

I will only buy items for less than the high street on ebay. These chancers can keep their stock.

A lot of people (me included) do not live near a high street. Accessibility can also be an issue.

Many are willing to pay extra for high street items, with door-to-door service, without having to leave their arm chair.

Over promise, then under deliver = negative buyer experience, INR cases, unhappy buyers and sellers.
Under promise, then over deliver = Positive buyer experience, joy and happiness all round. 
If only eBay could get their heads round this basic concept, this would be a happier place for all.
Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent