Who is responsible for filing a claim with the courier Yodel Packlink if an item is damaged.

Hello.

Who is responsible for submitting a claim to yodel/packlink as the item arrived damaged, is it the seller or the buyer. The seller I'm talking to seems confused and thinking that the buyer could claim it.

I didn't buy the labels on ebay.

I have seen many post on the ebay uk community that suggest that the seller is responsible to claim any damage.

Here are one examples:

Goods sold damaged in transit using yodel
plum993
plum993
Experienced Mentor
(1307 feedbacks star level) View listings

‎26-02-2024 2:51 PM

You are the seller here?

If yes,then the buyer opens a an ebay request for item not a as described/damaged with ebay, and you the seller send them a prepaid return label and refund them within 3 days of getting the item back,if you want the item back, as you have a choice within the return details.

As the seller it is upto you to make a claim to yodel for any damage, not the buyer,and you will need to refund the buyer before you get any delivery claim sorted,so don't make the buyer wait.

-

Can someone confirm if this true. Thanks.

Who is responsible for filing a claim with the courier Yodel-Packlink if an item is damaged during transit - the buyer or the seller?

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Who is responsible for filing a claim with the courier Yodel Packlink if an item is damaged.

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

the advice you cite here is correct.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

the advice you cite here is correct.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Thank you for the confirmation.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: