Serious Issues with eBay Checkout & Bin's

I've been trying to make payment for an item for most of today.

It's NOT my browser, cookies, etc, etc

There is a consistent and persistant error at checkout both in the shopping cart and with BINs:

Issue - "Please use a different card or check your balance"

There is absolutely nothing wrong with either of the 2 UK bank cards I have on file with eBay and neither is there an issue with the balance within those accounts 😠😵.

I've even tried to purchase on the eBay App with the same results 😡

I'm not prepared to waste any more time with this issue, let alone add yet another bank card to make a purchase on eBay:-(:-(

If any seller doesn't receive a payment for a sale, at least you now know why! 🙄😳🤐

Truth hurts. Maybe not as much as jumping on a bicycle with a seat missing, but it hurts.

You may think you have pushed ALL my buttons, but you still haven't found the mute!
Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

Serious Issues with eBay Checkout & Bin's

If the problem has still not been resolved by the time you read this reply, and the item you were trying to pay for is still available for sale, try this workaround option that I have previously used when experiencing the same problem that you have just posted about.

First of all, if you haven't already done so, save the item in your Watch List.  Once you've done that log off of eBay UK and log onto www.ebay.com, which is the USA version of the site.  Once you locate the item on your Watch List try to check out on the USA site.  The price of the item will show up in US Dollars, as opposed to Pounds Sterling, but if the problem you refer to is being caused by a glitch specifically affecting eBay UK then trying to pay by logging onto one of eBay's other websites may well result in you being able to pay for the item.  It's worked for me in the past - although you can log onto any other eBay website to try this out, I personally use the USA version of the site when dealing with this type of problem because everything is still in English, so you don't have a language barrier to navigate whilst logging onto a foreign eBay site to try and make payment for the item.

Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: