Partial refund

Won a glass item but wasn't secured in the box and arrived broken. I notified the seller, she apologized, said no need to return I'll issue a refund. Checked today and the £4 postage hasn't been returned only the item cost price. Is this correct? 

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Partial refund

Nope,  that's not correct, you received an item broken,  so not as described, therefore you are due everything you first paid for the item.

Business sellers do have the option to offer a  partial refund if the item is returned back not in the same condition as sent out,  but this has been abused here, as it arrived to you, with obvious inadequate packaging,  resulting in a broken item.

Contact eBay Customer Services,  though I do recommend waiting until tomorrow morning, contact first thing,  when the lines open at 8 a.m.  there's more chance of Dublin answering,  explain what has happened here,  you have not received the full refund,  you are entitled to.

To Contact Customer Services it's a Live Chat, or you can select to speak and request a Call Back. Click on this link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

On the left sidebar you can see Have us Call you or Chat with Our Automated Assistant.

On weekdays lines open between 8 a.m. and 10 .m.

On weekends they open between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Partial refund

No, they need/should refund you full amount and then they claim from the courier, did you open a case or did they just refund you? Just send them a message letting them know you still need the postage and if they dont reply just open an INAD and ebay will give you a free label and send them the item back and they will be forced to give you the full refund or you can ask eBay to step in.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: