No Order Confirmation eMails

According to eBay:

"Every time you purchase an item on eBay, you'll receive an order confirmation email letting you know your order is complete and that your item should soon be on its way."

These suddenly stopped shortly after the 2nd June.

I contacted an eBay rep. on the 17th, who assured me that the problem would be resolved.

Nothing has changed and I am still not receiving these confirmation emails after several further purchases, including today.

My buying activity communication preferences have "Select All" checked, so I should receive them.

Can anyone help please?

Message 1 of 26
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have an update and a solution to the missing Order Confirmation.

They are, in fact, being sent, but I never received them.

Last week, I re-directed my eBay messages to my Gmail account prior to making a purchase and the Order Confirmation appeared.

When I forwarded this message to my original email account, it does NOT arrive.

If I remove the tabular content of the message, it can be forwarded successfully, so the problem lies in the 'new' content of the message and not in the email header metadata.

Before the beginning of June, the email was subject headed with "We got you order."

The new confirmation is now headed with "Order confirmed: <item description>".

The message content is more comprehensive than the previous, but the mail server of my ISP fails to parse the content and does not send a 'failure' message.

My ISP, eclipse broadband, are hopeless at providing support for these issues, so I will simply continue with the working Gmail model.

I hope that some of this experience may be of help.

Finally, many thanks for your perseverance in this matter.

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 26
See Most Recent
25 REPLIES 25

katie@ebay
Employee (Retired)

Hi @satai-delenn,

You are correct, based on your settings you should be receiving that email.

It could be a case that your email inbox is marking the emails as spam. Please check your spam/junk folder.

If they are in there you can select the option menu in your email (this may change location based on what email you use) and mark our email address as one that is not spam.

Let me know if those emails are in there. If not we can review further.

Thanks,

Katie 

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 2 of 26
See Most Recent

Hi Katie:

Thank you for your response.

I work in IT and have a 'catchall' account and can confirm that there is nothing from eBay in there.

This morning, I have received two 'Order update' emails from eBay so everything else appears to be working ok.

It's very strange that the order confirmations suddenly stopped.

Any help in solving this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Message 3 of 26
See Most Recent

Hi @satai-delenn,

Thank you for checking that and ruling it out.

Could you send me over any examples of items you purchased but did not get the email?

The item number and date of purchase would be best for this.

I can review if there were issues at this time with the emails.

Thanks,

Katie 

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 4 of 26
See Most Recent

Hi Katie:

Here are the last three items that I purchased from eBay.

I have not received any Order Confirmation emails since 2nd June.

Hope this helps & thank you again.

Item: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353888125752
Order date: 03 Jul 2023

Item: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353833028576
Order date: 03 Jul 2023

Item: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325708709299
Order date: 29 Jun 2023

Message 5 of 26
See Most Recent

Hi there,

Thank you for the details.

There are no recorded issues at this time with the emails.

Have you made any changes to the email address? 

You can check this by going to my eBay > Account > Personal information.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 6 of 26
See Most Recent

I have been using the same email address since 2005 when I opened the account.

I do receive all of the other emails such as Order Update, Order Delivered and your messages also arrive by the same email address.

It's just the Order Confirmation emails, titled 'We got your order' that suddenly stopped after the 2nd June.

Message 7 of 26
See Most Recent

Hi @satai-delenn,

Thank you for confirming.

There is no other information here that would prevent the email. I'll open a question with our technical team.

When I hear back I will let you know.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 8 of 26
See Most Recent

Hi Katie:

First of all, thank you for taking the time to investigate this issue.

I keep all of my Order Confirmations for historical reasons to 

• remember what I bought previously so as to re-order
  • find out when I last bought a repeat item
  • to try to remember the name of an item I once bought

So, your pursuance of this matter is important to me.

Thank you again.

Message 9 of 26
See Most Recent

I completely understand, I use them in the same way.

I've opened a conversation with the team and have shared the examples with them.

I don't have a timeline on when I will hear back but as soon as I do I will reply to this thread here.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 10 of 26
See Most Recent

katie@ebay
Employee (Retired)

Good morning @satai-delenn,

We have an update that the technical team were able to reproduce the issue we were seeing with the emails.

They have noted this as a bug and are now working to resolve. This is a great move forward.

Your account is down as a member experiencing the issue and we will add other members that may be experiencing the same.

The turn around time for a fix can vary depending on what else is taking place but I will keep an eye on this and update you with anything.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 11 of 26
See Most Recent

katie@ebay
Employee (Retired)

Hi @satai-delenn,

Hope you are well, just wanted to touch base with you about this.

I have been speaking to the team and they believe this is related to how the new UK laws related to spam emails and the impact this is having on eBay system.

They have asked me to check with you if you currently use Hotmail to host your email address?

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 12 of 26
See Most Recent

Hi Katie:

I can confirm that I don't have a Hotmail account and I do not employ any spam filters.

Any 'unidentifiable' emails are directed into a 'catchall' account.

When did these new emails regulations start?

Remember, up until the 2nd June, I was still receiving the order confirmation emails.

One further point to note that may be pertinent;  when I bid & win an item, I still receive the 'You won. Pay now to receive ...' emails.

Thank you for your continued interest in this issue.

Let me know if can be of further help.

Message 13 of 26
See Most Recent

I have an update and a solution to the missing Order Confirmation.

They are, in fact, being sent, but I never received them.

Last week, I re-directed my eBay messages to my Gmail account prior to making a purchase and the Order Confirmation appeared.

When I forwarded this message to my original email account, it does NOT arrive.

If I remove the tabular content of the message, it can be forwarded successfully, so the problem lies in the 'new' content of the message and not in the email header metadata.

Before the beginning of June, the email was subject headed with "We got you order."

The new confirmation is now headed with "Order confirmed: <item description>".

The message content is more comprehensive than the previous, but the mail server of my ISP fails to parse the content and does not send a 'failure' message.

My ISP, eclipse broadband, are hopeless at providing support for these issues, so I will simply continue with the working Gmail model.

I hope that some of this experience may be of help.

Finally, many thanks for your perseverance in this matter.

Message 14 of 26
See Most Recent

hi Katie, I was just wondering if you could help me with a similar if not same problem that ive had recently

Message 15 of 26
See Most Recent

Hi katie

im having the same problem for all of October, I need them , I've changed email address associated with ebay , can they be resent

Message 16 of 26
See Most Recent

Hi @riversway3 & @josyke6,

Could you share a date and item number for an order confirmation email you did not receive?

I'll need to review and open a question with our technical team if needed.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 17 of 26
See Most Recent

Hi I just wanted to add that I have the same issue since August/September time 

Message 18 of 26
See Most Recent

19th oct there were 2or 3 and 1st nov

Message 19 of 26
See Most Recent

katie@ebay
Employee (Retired)

Hi all,

The technical team are already aware of the issue and are working to resolve it. I don't have any information on a timeline for when they think it will be fixed.

I'll be adding the accounts effected to the issue so they are aware of the level of impact.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 20 of 26
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: