Item bought and not received

Hi,

I wanted to ask what I should do from here on in. I bought an item that consisted of two of the same products in one listing. I paid on the 6th and now it's the 13th. 

I've messaged the seller and they said that the item that was sent was delivered on the 8th and provided a Royal Mail linked tracking info.

The item was sent via RM 2nd class and no tracking inputted into eBay.

He continues with another message explaining that it got sent to another door number similar to mine and asked me to check with my neighbours.

i did just that but I felt awful doing so as I've never had an issue with any of my neighbours as they are all elderly. I had no luck which didn't surprise me and I replied the same to the seller. 
I asked him how he knew it was delivered to my neighbours door number instead of mine and he said that this was in the proof of purchase.

He said he would repost the item back out tomorrow and I'm fine with that and I kindly asked if he could update me with the tracking details so I could track it.

He said that tracking would cost him extra and that he could a refund if I wished. I explained that I didn't mind waiting for a replacement. I could wait an extra week before working on project that I'm currently in the process of doing.

so my question after all that is do I wait till he resends the item back out or report the it as Item not received?

I do want the item as I think its a good deal a at the price with similar items cost more individually.

But I do not want to be stalled either as I know i have 30 days to file a claim. The cut of date for the scheduled delivery is at the end of today and I'm assuming I can file a item not received case by tomorrow.
Should I wait for the replacement or what?

many thanks,

Cpt_uk

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

It's up to you.   There's no harm in waiting as long as you don't let the 30 day deadline slip by.    Some sellers use delaying tactics to get past that date but as long as you don't let that happen you will get your money back if necessary.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Hi

thanks for the swift reply. I guess I didn't know if I was exercising my rights to not file an item not received case if I had agreed to the replacement, to which i did via eBay messages to the seller. I also just wanted confirmation that I was doing the right thing and advice in how to proceed further.

I did however find it a bit odd that he didn't input the tracking details into eBay when he dispatched the item as he has or had the proof of purchase. Even with it being normal 2nd class I still would of found it useful. 

In also found it to be rather odd about it being posted to another similar door number to mine as all of my verified details get passed over to him at the point of sale. From the looks of things, he is a business seller so I would have thought that in an ideal world that a mistake like this wouldn't happen.

I am trying not to be too judgmental or assuming false play as thoughts like these do not help in any scenario.

I will wait for the replacement then go forward if need be from there. 

Thanks again,

Cpt_uk

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: