Item and Seller lost from Watch List

Don't know if this is quite the best way to ask this question - but here goes.

I had a machine tool in my watch list with the plan of making an offer for it.  The listing ended and the item went from my list.  I cannot remember who the seller was and the item- or type of item - doesn't appear on any search.

Is there a way to look back at items I've had on my Watch List?

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Usually if you have something on your Watch List and you miss out on the item, whether because somebody else purchased the item or the seller ended the listing for some reason, the item will usually still be on your Watch List somewhere, albeit with the word "Ended" on the listing.  If this is not the case, and you are certain that you haven't inadvertently deleted the item without realising, then I'd say that the most likely explanation is that eBay have pulled the listing for some reason, in which case you more than likely won't be able to find it anywhere on the site, even if you run a search for the item and tick on the Completed Items and Sold Items boxes that appear down the left hand side of the screen to see whether somebody else has already bought it.  If the seller has received an indefinite ban from sellling on eBay for some reason then this would also explain why the item has suddenly vanished without trace from the site.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Usually if you have something on your Watch List and you miss out on the item, whether because somebody else purchased the item or the seller ended the listing for some reason, the item will usually still be on your Watch List somewhere, albeit with the word "Ended" on the listing.  If this is not the case, and you are certain that you haven't inadvertently deleted the item without realising, then I'd say that the most likely explanation is that eBay have pulled the listing for some reason, in which case you more than likely won't be able to find it anywhere on the site, even if you run a search for the item and tick on the Completed Items and Sold Items boxes that appear down the left hand side of the screen to see whether somebody else has already bought it.  If the seller has received an indefinite ban from sellling on eBay for some reason then this would also explain why the item has suddenly vanished without trace from the site.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Thanks.  I tried the ''Completed' and 'Sold' boxes and came up blank.  Perhaps just have to accept It's gone. ☹️

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: