How do i contact ebay customer services - it's easier to raise the dead

A seller dispatched the wrong item. I won the lottery and ebay actually had their contact us window open - ebay said I'm covered by their "money back guarantee". The seller collected the item - to which they previously wanted £35 collection charge but I still have not been reimbursed. 

I need ebay to step in and ensure the payment is made. 

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

You escalate the case to eBay, but unless you can prove you returned the item it's unlikely eBay will force the seller to refund.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Here's a link to get a call back or chat.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid 

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

if you allowed the seller to collect the item you have lost any right to a refund, sadly

When the seller sends a wrong item, you must open a case for item not as described

You then await a pre-paid return label which you use to send the item back at sellers expense

Then you get a refund

As you cannot prove (with a tracking number) that you returned the item to the seller, you have lost your money and lost your right to a refund

ALWAYS open a case on eBay for items not as described or item not received  - that way you are protected

I hope it wasnt expensive.

No point contacting eBay as you have lost buyer protection when you let the seller collect the item, eBay will tell you the same. 

Small claims court is your only option if you have proof in your messages that the seller collected 

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: